Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Muahahah I have... returned?

So my friend and I cleared out her spare room to create a sort of writing nook for our writer's night and it's great! I love 'my' little table with the large lamp (that is off by the way... as if it matters) and my candle next to me.  I have celtic music playing because that always best sets the mood for fantasy writing for me.  I have a soda from taco cabana and green tea with honey.  My rough sketch of my world's map is on one side, my phone on the other and I am madly typing away here.

Yet struggling with my story.  It's just not flowing naturally.  None of the feelings or the sounds.  I've been stuck on this beginning for days, but now it seems that this beginning is just now how it is to be, which makes me sad.  I know so much about this world, I feel it in my veins and see it in my mind...

Yet the story is just not coming to me.  I know where it starts; a desert village.  And who it starts with; Ake'lanka, my hunter, and her hyena pet, Aun.  I know what she's doing; hunting.

But maybe I'm having her hunt the wrong thing.  Maybe I shouldn't introduce Ret so soon.  Maybe I need to do like Tolkien and set up the character and the world and the feel of things before he comes into play and sets the ball rolling, despite being the main character of this story line.

And I think I got it now.  Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment