Sunday, December 2, 2012

Congratulations, You're the Millionth Attempt

So I've done this... too many times to count, but in an attempt to write regularly and collect my thoughts about works-in-progress and to clear my head for the writing process, I am yet again attempting to create a blog solely for my writing.  This shall include things I'm reading, because that's important as a writer as well.  So, I suppose to begin, I shall start from the now-so-titled beginning.

Ursa Major.  It's now nineteen, newly roughly written pages long, which is the problem.  I have too many things I want to do with it, too many ways to go, and too much yet to explore to cap it off at twenty pages, which is the class requirement.  Ultimately, I will carry it out much longer and make it last several days rather than now two.  The hard part, again, is telling the shortened version of the story in twenty pages and two nights/days.  Which is why I haven't work on it in, oh let's say, a week?

And every time I go to sit down and work on this, I see that daunting nineteen pages and leave the word document for another day.  Well with probably about a half hours time before my father gets home and the hecticness of adding more Christmas decorations to our house, it's about time I get to work, but I can't.  I have two pages, because I am allowed to go that very last allowed period on page twenty, of wiggle room.  What do I need to put into this wiggle room? A connection of her deciding she needs to look for water and her recollection of being eleven and hearing the announcement that the virus has become a problem.  The edits to the beginning and the water issue, the expansion of the memories, the revised description of this disease, and probably a few places here and there that need editing, revision, and add-ons... In two pages or less...

So to help collect my thoughts, I have created this playlist:

1. Safe and Sound                      Taylor Swift (feat. The Civil Wars)
2. Deliver Me                             Sarah Brightman
3. Into the West                         Howard Shore & Annie Lennox
4. Gollum's Song                        Howard Shore & Helen Hobson
5. Run To Your Mama               Hardcore Superstar
6. Hide and Seek                       Imogen Heap
7. I Dreamed a Dream               Elley
8. The Last Unicorn                   Declan
9. Come, Little Children             (Someone off Youtube)
10. Nocturne                             Secret Garden
11. Lilium (Saint Version)          Manga Star
12. Celtic Requiem                    Simon Power
13. Pearl of the Stars                 Coheed and Cambria
14. In The Sea                           Ingrid Michaelson
15. Illuminated                           Hurts
16. A Conversation with God    Darren Hayes
17. Angeline (Radio Edit)          Groove Coverage
18. Atonement                          Dario Marianelli
19. Remember                          Josh Groban
20. Lullaby                               Emily Rossum
21. Anymore                            Emily Rossum
22. It's In The Rain                   Enya
23. Once Upon a Dream          Anael

And that's sort of what's putting in the setting for this, though I wish I had some darker things.  Oh well.  Let's see if we can get the main rough draft done by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment