Thursday, December 27, 2012

Make It Your Own

Finally got back to writing my story!

I got the enlightenment I'd been waiting for.  I was told something like this: "You make your own world, live it, and then open it up for others to experience".  Said by a very wise man while waiting in jury duty to see if our names would be called.  Luckily they weren't.

And that was just what I needed to hear for some reason.  So I rewrote the first page of my apocalypse story... again.  But I don't really have a choice, considering the whole plot has now been written out in short story form, I'm just going to have to keep rewriting it and expanding it until it's full length and good enough to be opened up for others to enter.

If I see Sarah this weekend, I may give her my current rough draft for her input and ideas.

Although, I've discovered that it's a little embarassing to have people read first drafts of anything, and though this is, according to my save count, draft ten, and possibly further due to my lazy saves at the beginning, it's still very rough in the added on spots.  But I'm sure she won't judge me.

And if she does, that's what critique is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment